IP Address Conflict Alarms

bxdobs
Here to help

IP Address Conflict Alarms

Looking for some ideas on how to mitigate recent alarms without turning off the Alarm Monitor ... thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

Recently have started getting a wack of IP Conflict Alarms from 3 independent Meraki Z3 routers ... logs indicate these devices are requesting DHCP services ... highly doubt the Z3 would provide an IP that is already assigned ... while an Online Reverse MAC Lookup is returning an unknown Manufacturer, the Z3 client listing identifies these problematic devices as Android.

Attempts to block one MAC using the Policy Editor appear to be failing as this one device keeps showing up in the alarm logs bouncing around between several existing IP Assignments

Reading some Android issues, suggest Paired Devices like a watch and Smart Phone have been known to use the same IP address (with different MAC's)? OR Devices are incorrectly using their last assigned IP address instead of requesting a fresh one?

1 Reply 1
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you tried disabling the random MAC of the devices?

To be honest, it's difficult to suggest something without knowing your network, so you can start with a packet capture to try to analyze the root cause of the problem.

In any case, I suggest you open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.