Grouping Networks [Feature Request]

TBuck
New here

Grouping Networks [Feature Request]

Not sure if this is the correct place to request new features, if not please direct me to the correct location.

My organization would really benefit from being able to group Meraki Networks together. I am aware of Network Tags and Templates, but specifically I'd like to be able to group networks together in the Network Dropdown List. It can be possible to have hundreds of Networks in Meraki at a time and it would be helpful to be able to create Groups of networks and nest the networks underneath the group.

2 Replies 2
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

This would be the kind of thing to shout up under the 'Give your feedback' button in the bottom right of the dashboard.   Not sure if it applies to this one (which appears to me more of a 'nice to have') but, if you have a request that's more business critical, I would reach out to your Cisco account team with details of what you're looking to achieve as a business and anything technical that you feels falls out of that.

What you could do with the current Dashboard functionality is add a set of prefixes for each group you want, in the Network names.    That way if you had, for example, North, South, East & West prefixes, you'd just need to type that in the Dashboard and it would show you just those Networks.

While it wouldn't change anything in the Network >  window, using different Network-level tags along similar lines might also help.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I do this as well.  Often, after 3 or 4 key presses, you have filtered the networks to only see what you want.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.