Greater admin definitions.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Greater admin definitions.

The Meraki dashboard is great however as I have added more and more of the Meraki stack I am finding that I cannot grant admin access as granular as I would like to.

Restricting access to MV cameras is great but what about temp sensors and Systems manager. I want to grant level 1 admins access to generate wifi codes and manage devices in systems manager but I don't want them to be able to configure MR or MS.

I also want to be able to give the property team access to view sensors and MV but not have access to view anything else.

I know I can achieve this by having seperate networks but that really defeats the purpose of myself as the manager and my senior admins having a single point to monitor systems because you lose important info from the dashboard such device topology if everything is on different networks. 

I would like to propose a redesign on how admin access is granted and that for a single network you can grant access based on product type i.e. MS, MR, MX, MV, SM etc.

3 Replies 3
Holli69
Getting noticed

@BlakeRichardson:

I totally agree with you. Grant access based on the product type i.e. MS,MX,MR,MV,SM would be a great new feature and would help us in some Organizations/Networks (combined).

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Boundless Digital offer a solution for exactly this problem.

https://www.boundlessdigital.com/network-management/meraki-automation/role-based-access-control/ 

Thanks @PhilipDAth  but the fact I'd have to pay for another subscription for something that really should already be implemented won't go down well. 

This shouldn't be classed as an additional feature that requires a 3rd party to provide a solution. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.