Firmware warning status farce

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Firmware warning status farce

As I'm sure many of you will have seen, any MX network that is running 18.107.10 is now showing a warning that will become critical in a month.

Whilst I can accept this for networks running currently sold models, it is absurd that you need to 'upgrade' networks that contain MX84s and MX100s to a version that they cannot run.

These are not end of life devices and an information icon indicates that the dashboard knows this, yet it still states warning.

There is not an option to downgrade to 18.107.2 (which may not produce the warning) and the only options are 18.211 or 19.1.3, both of which will actually leave the MX running 18.107.10!

Clearly 18.107.10 needs to be supported, at least on these older devices, until their end of support.

Or am I just being unreasonable!?!

Votes below please 😈

3 Replies 3
Lauzon_C
Here to help

From what I have been told is the 84's & 100's will not receive new feature updates, but they do receive security updates.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Good point @cmr .  If I play devil's advocate and pretend I am working at Meraki -there are so many edge cases but a fixed number of development hours.  Do you spend those development hours implementing bug fixes and features requested - or rather, how many development hours do you allocate to cosmetic issues that have zero impact on functionality or capability?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Indeed @PhilipDAth it is only an annoyance, but along with the upgrade available nonsense that promised so much, but is usually just plain wrong, it would be good to tweak these nearly there display attributes.  Obviously you and I know what the reality is, but I'm still trying to fight for the Meraki simple principle!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.