Firmware warning madness

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Firmware warning madness

The firmware status section of the dashboard does seem to have become a bit useless at the moment.  For example the current stable MX 17.x firmware released within the last week is marked as a warning with the expiry date set at the end of August.  The only way to get the dashboard to be 'green' is to upgrade all MXs to the, somewhat early adopter, MX 18.107.2 firmware with the associated struggles.

Am I the only person who thinks this is wrong?

4 Replies 4
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yeah, I wasn't too keen when I got issued force upgrades from 16.16.9 and 17.10.2 to 18.107.2 without the ability to choose any other version.

I'm happy to be forced to keep relatively up to date but I'd rather not be forced to go to newly GA'd firmware.

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

To clarify, a call to Meraki support got this sorted but it was certainly frustrating 

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I had some problems in version 18.107.2. In one of them I could no longer access my machines via RDP, but what bothered me the most was that even my prints via the network stopped working, so I was forced to rollback.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
workinprogress
Comes here often

I can agree, we were recently in the process of rolling out 17.10.2 to all of our MXs in production then 18.107.2 dropped and is now the 'Latest Stable Release'. 🙃

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.