Exclude certain devices from the Alert Tool: Would you like this?

PeterJames
Head in the Cloud

Exclude certain devices from the Alert Tool: Would you like this?

Good Morning,

I would like a way to exclude a single device on a network from alerting. Does anyone else have the same requirement?

Our situation is that AP is a repeater, due to cabling issues that cannot be resolved.

The options as I see it:

- Check and ignore select alerts from this site.
 - Create a new template, but I only want one excluded not the whole network.

- Create an external tool to manage this

All are not ideal. Just curious if anyone else have this same requirement and their thoughts.

Thank you,
Peter James

4 Replies 4
Adam
Kind of a big deal

A cable issue that cannot be resolved?  

Currently, I don't believe there is a way to exempt one device from alerting but you could create a second network (clone of the existing).  Then move that AP to the new network and turn off alerting in that network.  Not ideal but would function as a workaround.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
PeterJames
Head in the Cloud

@Adam Yes, it is a protected old building. We have an option, but it would ruin the aesthetics with A LOT of cabling.  

I suppose, if this is just a repeater, this would work. Whilst I do appreciate the workaround (+ Kudos), this then adds the requirement of when the template is updated this would need to be updated after and this would need added somewhere as a note.

I will Make a Wish to add tags to the Alert page.

Thank you,
Peter James

Adam
Kind of a big deal

@PeterJames

Ultimately I agree, the reporting/alerting could be significantly more robust.  I've run into a number of scenarios where the alerting was limited.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.

In addition to making wishes, which never hurts, also run this feature request through your local Meraki sales team.  We can search if an FR is already in the system, and if not, create one and add your use case for consideration.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.