Dashboard VLAN Filtering is broken

Xelas
Conversationalist

Dashboard VLAN Filtering is broken

When viewing the list of clients on a network, there is the option to filter the list via a drop-down to limit the view to specific VLAN IDs. This filtering is very naive and seems to be filtering by partial matches, as if it's filtering a string by partial matches. For example, If I have VLANs 10, 108, 110, and 310 on my network, selecting VLAN ID "10" doesn't actually filter anything because all VLAN IDs have a "10" in them somewhere.

Sorry to be blunt here, but this is a really boneheaded thing. Add wildcards (* and ? would probably work for 99% of those cases) or allow inputting VLAD ID ranges to create filters, but just using partial matches? Really? It's also misleading when using the filter, because it will happily let you add "10" and "110" to the filter list, as if those are different things.

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Tough call.  I can see cases where that would be useful.

But I agree with you in that it is not intuitively how you would expect it to work.

Stoutski1
Here to help

Same problem here.

Hopefully they can fixed it quickly.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.