Dashboard IP Change Alerts

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

Dashboard IP Change Alerts

As I'm sure many of you have seen by now, Meraki is getting ready to use a new block of IP's for Dashboard communications. This is being announced via Dashboard banner notifications and emails to network admins for affected networks. 

Is anyone else receiving the email notifications multiple times for networks that cannot have an issue (no outbound firewall rules, no web filtering, etc.)? I've received multiple notifications across at least two separate Dashboard orgs for MR networks. 

See this Reddit thread for others seeing the same thing: https://www.reddit.com/r/meraki/comments/6y1yfp/upcoming_firewall_changes_ip_addressing/

MRCUR | CMNO #12
4 Replies 4
Navjot
Here to help

Yes, even though I've changed the firewall rules and double checked them, I still keep getting alerts about them.

I guess it's better than getting no alerts at all Smiley Tongue

BHC_RESORTS
Head in the Cloud

@MRCUR wrote:

As I'm sure many of you have seen by now, Meraki is getting ready to use a new block of IP's for Dashboard communications. This is being announced via Dashboard banner notifications and emails to network admins for affected networks. 

Is anyone else receiving the email notifications multiple times for networks that cannot have an issue (no outbound firewall rules, no web filtering, etc.)? I've received multiple notifications across at least two separate Dashboard orgs for MR networks. 

See this Reddit thread for others seeing the same thing: https://www.reddit.com/r/meraki/comments/6y1yfp/upcoming_firewall_changes_ip_addressing/

Yep, we get the message too but we don't have any outbound firewall rules. Irritating.

BHC Resorts IT Department

Yeah, I use Meraki for my home and the only thing on the outside of my MX is a Comcast cable router. I'm kind of confused why it would say one or more of my devices won't be able to communicate to the new IP range. I'm assuming it's just an erroneous notification at this point. 

blinken
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@MS wrote:

Yeah, I use Meraki for my home and the only thing on the outside of my MX is a Comcast cable router. I'm kind of confused why it would say one or more of my devices won't be able to communicate to the new IP range. I'm assuming it's just an erroneous notification at this point. 

We’re aware that email notifications were sent to some network or organization administrators where no firewall issue exists, and we’re working to improve our testing to avoid these false positives before any further notifications are sent. However, most notifications were sent correctly: if you did receive an email notification for a network, please double-check that any firewall rules are configured properly.

Patrick Coleman
Meraki Backend Infrastructure
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.