Connection DOWN from APs to Meraki Cloud during 30 minutes

marquitos666
Comes here often

Connection DOWN from APs to Meraki Cloud during 30 minutes

Hi everyone!!

Today, all my Meraki APs of one of my offices in Brazil went DOWN in Meraki Dashboard... all services in the office worked correctly for all services, except connection to Meraki Cloud... I could ping to my Access Points internally, so they were UP and network routed, and I can see the connections wenting out in firewall logs... but "without response from remote destination" (Meraki Cloud).

Is possible that Meraki Cloud blocked these connections temporally? Is possible to know that question asking to Meraki Cloud support? The same connection in all other offices around the world (1 other office in Brazil and 20 more in other countries... connect correctly to the same IP addresses of Cloud Services.

Any other thing that I can check now?

Thanks in advance!!

Regards

Marcos

6 Replies 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm not aware of any incidents, and the status page doesn't list anything - but perhaps the shard you are on was having an issue.

https://status.meraki.net/

Jinbe
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Since there is not a widespread reported issue, in this type of scenario it would be best to contact Meraki Support to conduct live troubleshooting of the behavior to determine what may have occurred during that time frame. 

The general Support number is +1 (415) 937-6671. A full list of region-specific phone numbers can be found in the Dashboard under "?" > Get help > Still need help? > Call the Meraki Support team > View regional phone numbers.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Perhaps the ISP blocked / dropped the traffic for a while.  Is this the only office you have on that ISP?

marquitos666
Comes here often

Problem was only 30 minutes, it was a little bit strange. And the problem was only with Meraki Cloud access, it could be that a provider network error, but we have a sdwan service with double provider, and all services and platforms didn't detect any other issues.

In this case, I couldn't connect to APs with Meraki Dashboard to execute some test... is there any other way for that?

Thanks!!

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You could have gone to the local status page for an AP at the time and seen if there was a message there.  It often would show why it was not connecting.

marquitos666
Comes here often

😀😀it was disabled... is possible to enable remote acceso to local status page from admin network, and disabled it locally?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.