Configuration templates

MBJ_dk61
Conversationalist

Configuration templates

Hi,

I'm managing an organization with about 1.000 networks and they are all managed by templates. We are now preparing for a worst-case-scenario by creating "emergency templates" for all networks and have tested 1:1 which worked very well. My concern is how to move many networks simultaneously from the "old" template to the "new" template without having to bind them manually.!?

When you unbind a bunch of networks from their original template and wants to add them to the new emergency template, it seems that it's only possible to bind one-by-one! Is that correct?  Or is there a "smarter solution" that I have missed 😉

I've tried the "Rebind" function with 5 networks but this didn't gave me the result that I wanted - because I had to manually "Bind" each network/switch.

I can live with a reboot of the switch for each network but would like to avoid having to click 2 to 3 times per network to add the template.

Any good suggestions are very much appreciated.    

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Take a look on this article:

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Developers-APIs/Adding-networks-to-existing-templates-via-API/m-p/13...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Thanks, I'll have a closer look into that.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.