Configuration templates

MBJ_dk61
Conversationalist

Configuration templates

Hi,

I'm managing an organization with about 1.000 networks and they are all managed by templates. We are now preparing for a worst-case-scenario by creating "emergency templates" for all networks and have tested 1:1 which worked very well. My concern is how to move many networks simultaneously from the "old" template to the "new" template without having to bind them manually.!?

When you unbind a bunch of networks from their original template and wants to add them to the new emergency template, it seems that it's only possible to bind one-by-one! Is that correct?  Or is there a "smarter solution" that I have missed 😉

I've tried the "Rebind" function with 5 networks but this didn't gave me the result that I wanted - because I had to manually "Bind" each network/switch.

I can live with a reboot of the switch for each network but would like to avoid having to click 2 to 3 times per network to add the template.

Any good suggestions are very much appreciated.    

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Take a look on this article:

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Developers-APIs/Adding-networks-to-existing-templates-via-API/m-p/13...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Thanks, I'll have a closer look into that.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.