Combined Network vs SM

SOLVED
soomeGUy
Here to help

Combined Network vs SM

I have been using Meraki for SM up till now for MDM of various ipads, etc.  I just bought Meraki hardware and am a little confused as it wont let me mix SM and meraki hardware, is that correcT?

I have SM clients that will be used in the network I just made of meraki hardware (switch, appliance, ap) and I would like to put them all together, this is not possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That is correct. You can not combine other network types with Systems Manager.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That is correct. You can not combine other network types with Systems Manager.

Thanks, so the best practice is just to create the hardware networks and their corresponding SM networks or do you typically create your hardware networks and dump all SM into a single SM network?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I typically create a combined network per physical site for all the Cisco Meraki physical hardware.

I typically create one Systems Manager network for the entire organisation.

@PhilipDAth wrote:
I typically create a combined network per physical site for all the Cisco Meraki physical hardware.

I typically create one Systems Manager network for the entire organisation.

Thanks, I assume there would be no issue creating multiple SM networks though correct?  I have multiple separate divisions within the company that i would like to keep completely separate. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've never done it, but I don't see any issue with that.

You could also use tags for this purpose (creating a tag per division) and assign those tags to the devices.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.