Client Usage Alerts

AshMead
Getting noticed

Client Usage Alerts

Is it possible to create alerts for excessive client usage?

I am thinking it would be better to remove the bandwidth restrictions and just receive alerts for clients who are bandwidth hoggers.

For example if a clients downloads over 1 GB in an hour an alert email is sent. Or if a client uses a certain restricted web resource such as facebook, again an alert is sent

My motivation for this is to simplify/remove the current traffic shaping. Tell users the network usage rules and then monitor those that disobey the rules.

3 REPLIES 3
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

One could do network-wide alerting (see https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Alerts_and_Notificat...). I wouldn't know how / where to configure this one for each and every client.

The only thing I could possibly think of currently would be handling this via API.

Thanks, if this does need to be done via API, do you know of a helpful starters guide?

lpopejoy
A model citizen

Would love to see this as well.  There is some basic data like this under Organization->Summary Reports, but no way to get proactively alerted on it.  You would need to leverage the asset and write your own automation around it, sadly.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.