Change MSP Portal Email Address

JimmyPhelan
Getting noticed

Change MSP Portal Email Address

We originally signed up to trial Meraki, and just grew into it. Unfortunately we used a specific engineer's email address, and want to change it to a generic group email address now.

Has anyone got any experience with this?

There doesnt seem to be an easy way

We seem to have to add an Admin of the new account to every single Org we have created, manually!

6 REPLIES 6
LV_MW_MSP
Getting noticed

Hi Jimmy,

Try logging into the Meraki Dashboard, and clicking your name on upper right corner, and update your email from there. You should be able to change it from user@domain.com to whatever you want, and those permissions will carry throughout all organizations.

That is one nice feature of Meraki -- let's say you fire someone and need to change the password. Once you change the PW for that account, access to ALL networks have been updated. That is because that account is granted access to each account.

When we onboard a new Meraki customer, we grant access to our general MSP account, and then myself and another high level tech specifically.

When i login to the Dashboad I dont see that option

I see the below

2018-04-26 18_02_26-Choose Organization - Meraki Dashboard.png

I have my list of Organisations under this. If i click on any of those, i do see the user in the top left, and if i change their email, it only affects the user for that Organisation, not globally. 

Am i logging into the wrong place?

Contact Meraki support -- they are extremely helpful and can help you navigate this. I know our dashboard is setup as an MSP -- so we have something called MSP Portal as an option which all customers are viewed in that dashboard.

Call Meraki support, they can help or at least tell you how to accomplish what you need to do.

We are also an MSP in Meraki, could you send me a screenshot of what your MSP Portal looks like? 

That screen shot i just showed you is from what i believe to be our MSP Portal, there isnt anything else

Meraki Support im afraid have not been helpful really, beyond saying "Manual process for every single Org" or "Contact your local sales rep"

I'm also having issues with this - I tried to change the email address on my Meraki account, it's only changing it per organization, so now I have two Meraki logins each with access to different organizations

This was my experience. I ended up adding a generalised account to all ORG's and at the same time enabling SAML authentication. Once SAML was in place, all my engineers could sign in with their own credentials

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.