CMNA Gear

mali77
Here to help

CMNA Gear

My old CMNA gear license is about to expire and since I am no longer working for a Cisco partner what should I do with that gear?

1- If I renew it I know I will have to pay the list price

2- Can I donate it some where like a non profit and get a free license from Meraki?

3- Would Meraki take the gear back to recycle etc?

Thank you

6 Replies 6
SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

Kinda depends on the hardware. I am assuming this hardware is 3-5 years old and probably has some value.

Options Include

1)Sell as hardware only (make sure it is removed from your org inventory)

2)Donate as hardware only (same inventory requirements)

3)Sell for scrap metal

4)Recycle

Thank you so does it still have any value even without a license?  Also is there a config wipe feature or if I simply do a factory reset and remove it from under my organization it is all wiped?

BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

It does have value. I'm with @SoCalRacer on this.

Remove it from your organization inventory and then perform the factory reset. Then it can be used again by someone else who has or wants to buy a license. There are indeed programs for non-profits and charities, but the local Meraki sales rep would be able to help there.

AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

Hi

I understand your device continue to work with the existing configuration.

You  will not receive updates. Your dashboard will not allow you to manage and configure the devices any more. You loose access to all the analytics and reports.

If you do not like any of the options suggested by community members. I shall recommend continue using it. 

Who knows if any day  there  is real need you may simply buy license and activate the dashboard and continue using the solution with all the features.

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network

@AjitKumar Actually that is not correct. Once your license expires you will go into a 30-day grace period. Once that is over your devices will cease to pass data to the internet along with Meraki cloud disabling any option for you to reconfigure them. Please read the below article that supports this.

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Licensing/Licensing_FAQ

Thank you for the information mate. I appreciate it.

Perhaps I was under the same understanding until I realized one of my MX client did not renew the license for 8 months.

After 8 months I could get the renewal deal. However till then his network worked.

This was a surprise to me as I told customer to renew else his network will stop working.

However I completely agree with your comments.

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.