Bulk network creation issues

bford1
Comes here often

Bulk network creation issues

HI Everyone,

I have been trying unsucessfully to import a bulk of devices into both new and existing networks within a given organisation. 

So far i have been able to import all the devices correctly and they accept the details placed in the “name’, ‘address’ and ‘tags’ fields but do not seem to retain any of their IP, VLAN, Subnet, Gateway or DNS settings.

I have used the template example provided within Organisation>bulk network creation simply replacing the information in the file with my own details and saving as a .csv. 

Has anyone else experienced this or might know what I’m doing wrong?

Appreciate any help i can get, Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Note this warning:

"combined networks cannot be created using this tool."

I presume this to also mean it can not add to a combined network, but I don't know this for a fact.

Pretty much everyone uses combined networks these days, so this tool is not so usefull anymore.

Thanks for the feedback PhilipDAth.

I had a conversation with Meraki Support regarding this. It's possible to combine the networks afterwards within the dashboard. However, only the Notes and tags would import, all the IP addressing wouldn't build in. Going to look for another method of importing 600+ devices without having to manually IP them individually. 

swifty
Getting noticed

@bford1 
That's a real pain for you.

Did you get much joy in the end.

I too am on the same path.
I realise that you cannot import combined networks, so I want to start with the MX's, then maybe bind a pre-defined template, depending if that works or not.

Did you have your serial numbers pre-defined per location ?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.