Additional inventory integration

nav46
New here

Additional inventory integration

Looking to add other office inventory (open office phones, available laptops not on the network, monitors, etc) that the department has in the storage room. Also exploring the possibility of having the ability to store open software licenses on Meraki. Any recommendations would be appreciated, as we are looking for a one-stop solution for our inventory management. 

4 REPLIES 4
WadeAlsup
A model citizen

Hi @nav46

Systems Manager is very much an Enterprise Mobility Management solution. While I like it for our workstations and mobile devices, it's simply not designed to be an IT asset management platform. I use the Notes section on the devices to drop in license keys in use and pertinent information, which helps. The ease of use and great search ability meets most of our needs now. 

I've used FreshService in the past and use Spiceworks currently for some additional management/insight/reporting/help desk. You might look there or search for some other IT asset management solutions if that's more along the lines of what you're looking for. 

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) and If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution 🙂
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

As @WadeAlsup Meraki is not the correct solution for a general inventory management solution.

When there is less than a couple of hundred devices I tend to just use a spreadsheet ...

AyushiSharma
New here

I have used Motadata Asset Management Software and I am very much happy.

PeterJames
Head in the Cloud

Hi @nav46,

Depending on what tools and expertise you have you could create a database of inventory, that use the API of Meraki to link the inventory in to your application.

I have built a few inventory systems in my time and the easiest one to get going is probably Microsoft Sharepoint online. Integrate it with Active Directory for authentication, add a few forms with workflows for automatic emails and done. No coding required.

Thank you,
Peter James

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.