Account Lockout

JasonCampbell
Getting noticed

Account Lockout

As a network admin for an MSP, I have about 5-6 techs working underneath me and around 45 organizations currently in my company's Meraki dashboard.

Sometimes one of my techs will get locked out of the dashboard. Apparently the way this works (my theory, please correct me if I'm wrong) is the account will get locked out under that last organization accessed.

This becomes a pain because if the tech does not remember the last org they accessed I have to go to Administrators section org by org in order to find which one the tech locked themselves out on.

I'm considering disabling Account lockout because this is a huge pain and waste of time. Does anyone else have any other methods for account lockout "unlock" in a more efficient manner (maybe thru API)?

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This is probably not much of a help, but SAML is recommend for MSPs.  You can find the SAML MSP documentation in this article.

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Managing_Dashboard_Access/Configuring_SAML_...

Also probably not much of a help, but we use a password manager (Keepass) and use random passwords that would not be practical for a human to type in.  We each have our own seperate Keepaa database, but you can also have shared company ones.

When you use a password manager to type in the password each time you don't get password lockouts anymore.

One Possible Solution is for them to have a personnel account on their own Network that does not have any lockout. 

I have two accounts one for my personnel home Org and another for MSP for work. Both my work and personnel accounts are registered under my Home Org as admins.

Whenever I get locked out of my work account I login to my personnel Org and unlock the work account.

If you have a main Org (your personnel environment for example) and they are all added there you can just unlock them there. That way you don't have to go hunt doen the Orgs they are associated with. You should be able to unlock from any Org they are associated with.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.