Learn more about your community peers in our Member Spotlight!

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

meraki-communities_spring-cleaning_2019 (1).png

It’s time for our May Community Member Spotlight!

For our second-ever Member Spotlight, we chose to recognize @Nash. In just the past 3 months, Nash has received 37 kudos, written 59 replies, and authored her first 6 official solutions.

Congrats Nash!

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 10.59.38 AM.png

Tell us a little bit about your background.

I joke that I'm "geek born of geek", since IT is the family trade. I studied art and art history but ultimately... Since I moved into IT, my primary focus has been networking, with a goal of working primarily in network security. Lately I've been developing scripts using the Dashboard API using Python, since scripting is vital for networking as a whole.
I'm very good at making Windows' native client work with the Meraki client VPN. I've got a PowerShell script for Windows 10 that preemptively fixes quite a few problems, and sets up a split tunnel to boot.

How does the community help you in your day-to-day work?

I look a lot for the weird quirks people find, so I can share them with my team. We're a Cisco/Meraki VAR and MSP, with Meraki in heavy use at MSP clients. I've leaned heaviest into learning how Meraki really works, and the forums help with that.

Is there any particular Meraki product / feature that you’re particularly fond of or couldn’t live without?

I mastermind a lot of client VPN deployments, so I can't live without that... I think my favorite, though, is the Dashboard API in general. It keeps saving me time, and I'm just hooked on that CDP/LLDP call on MXes.

What’s your advice to folks looking to move to the next level in their Meraki / networking knowledge?

Learn to automate. Learn to script. If you can do it twice, you can probably automate it. Start by finding the smallest repeatable task, write out the steps, then make a script. It's easier than you think it is.

Thanks, Nash! Want to nominate one of your fellow community members for next month's spotlight? Submit your nomination here!

6 Comments