Learn more about your community peers in our Member Spotlight!

AmyReyes
Community Manager

meraki community member spotlight banner.png

It’s time for our January Member Spotlight!

For this Member Spotlight, we are recognizing @rhbirkelund. Since joining in late 2017, he's written 444 posts, received 374 kudos, and authored 17 solutions. He consistently shares his expertise with others in the forums. Thank you for being a valued member of the Meraki Community, @rhbirkelund!

@rbnielsen with his family in the background@rbnielsen with his family in the background

What is the picture you chose and why?

This picture was taken on a day where I simply needed to pull the plug on everything, after we had just eaten dinner. Let a messy house be a messy house, and head out to a nearby beach. It was getting towards the end of summer, with one of the last few days of somewhat nice weather. In the background is my wife, Michelle and two daughters Emily and Freya. We spent the evening enjoying the sun setting behind us, all the while Freya collecting seashells. Afterwards, we went to a nearby town, had an ice cream although it started to get a bit too cold, before we headed home again.

I think it's important to sometimes just pull the plug and focus on yourself and your family and cherish it. Sometimes you get lost in the corporate life, and you get a tendency to forget what's important around you.

Tell us a bit about your background.

Background in Electrical Engineering, with a masters degree in telecommunications. Turned to Network Engineering, and haven't looked back so far. 😊

What keeps bringing you back to the community?

The help and feedback you can get from the community is inspiring. 😊

What is your favorite IT-related movie or show? 

I've always had a sweet spot for The Matrix😉

What would you rather do?

Go skydiving!

go skydiving.jpeg

Scene you chose?

Mountains

mountain.jpeg

Thanks, @rhbirkelund! Share your questions for him below in the comments, or simply say hello! 
Want to be featured in an upcoming Member Spotlight of your own? Fill out the form here. You can also nominate a fellow community member for the spotlight!

7 Comments