All-Star profile: rhbirkelund

AmyReyes
Community Manager

rhbirkelund.pngHaving a Masters degree in wireless communications, a career in networking wasn't exactly what I expected once I graduated. But nonetheless, that's the path I ended up following and I haven't looked back since. It's a path I've been on for almost a decade now, and I enjoy all the opportunities that I get along the way.

With a focus primarily on Wireless Networking and Meraki, I've been a part of several fun projects, ranging from small companies to large enterprise campuses.

I'm 37 years old, from Denmark where I live with my wife and two daughters, ages 5 and 7. I love technology and "being in the know" on cutting-edge tech, and enjoy spending my free time with my family and friends, outdoors.

See all of @rhbirkelund's contributions on his profile.

2 Comments
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal

Well done @rhbirkelund .

Were you tinking of being an RF engineer or something like that?

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

Thanks @PhilipDAth 🙂

I've always had a thing for being on the cutting-edge of tech, so I always imagined myself working with 4/5G (back when that was cutting-edge). 😄

So I thought I was going to work in research, but unfortunately that didn't really happen.

Here where I live the RF engineering community is rather small, and eventhough we have(/had) som large entreprises within that business, they kept to themselves. So after graduating it was a bit tough landing a job in it.

Then I stumbled upon an opening for a "Wireless Engineer" for a company I never heard of before, I applied for that. Where I thought it was an opening for a Wireless RF engineer, it turned out to be Wireless in the sense of networking. But that didn't really seem to be offputting for my employer.

And I suppose that was the beginning of a now (an ongoing) 10 year career in networking. 🙂

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels