VMX on VMware/HyperV ?

Jonas016
Conversationalist

VMX on VMware/HyperV ?

Hey forum does anyone have some info on when or/if there will be any product. we're starting to get a lot of physical MXs in the data center as an MSP 😃

Simma Lungt
6 Replies 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Honestly, for the purpose of vMX, today I don't see any point in having a VM in your private cloud.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Why? vMX is for concentrator purposes and would scale much better than deploying racks of MX450's. Especially when the rest of your infrastructure (firewalls, routers, etc) are all virtual in your DC/PoP and the only thing left in racks is MX450's.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Voices are saying they are working on it. But obviously not publicly available yet. I also would love to have this available.

ShaunB93
Conversationalist

vMX for VMware ESXi is confirmed by Cisco as in the pipeline. No date commitment yet but likely to get news on a release date following the upcoming MX 19 beta.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

AnyConnect took six years from the announcement to release. I won't hold my breath, but I would be happy if it came sometime after MXv19.

Jonas016
Conversationalist

Thanks for all the answers. But it sounds like you all have the same answer as I myself suspected. well if we are lucky maybe there will be a beta soon. @BrickBR I agree with you and what you say is kind of what I'm after.

Simma Lungt
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.