SolarWinds integration with Meraki Dashboard for Cisco gears

Solved
Nivas
Conversationalist

SolarWinds integration with Meraki Dashboard for Cisco gears

Good day! 

We are planning to integrate SolarWinds with Cisco Meraki cloud Dashboard to monitor non-Meraki Network gears like Cisco switches and Routers. This is to have one single dashboard.

I have gone through many documents from Meraki that SolarWinds can be integrated with Meraki Dashboard for monitoring Meraki Routers, Switches and AP etc. 

I believe we should be able to monitor Cisco gears as this has been there for decades (monitoring Cisco gears from SolarWinds). 

All we want to know is, after we integrate SolarWinds with Meraki, we should still be able to monitor the same Cisco gears as it was before? Please correct me if I am wrong. 

Your guidance will be greatly appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Any standard SNMP-based monitoring of non-Meraki equipment - including Cisco Catalyst / ISRs etc should be fine, I would have thought, even after you've set up the Meraki Dashboard as an SNMP monitoring entity in Orion.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Any standard SNMP-based monitoring of non-Meraki equipment - including Cisco Catalyst / ISRs etc should be fine, I would have thought, even after you've set up the Meraki Dashboard as an SNMP monitoring entity in Orion.

Nivas
Conversationalist

Many thanks for your quick response on this GreenMan.. It makes it clear we can monitor Catalyst and ASR/ISR after the integration with Meraki. 

Do you have any document for SolarWinds integration with Meraki ?

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Generically, see the SNMP Polling section - and other linked documents - here:   https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Monitoring_the_Wireless_Network

This is non SNMP server-specific though - we have nothing specifically for SolarWinds.   I would look into the documentation for your version of Orion, in conjunction with this.   Other users of both on the Community may also have useful info to add.

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Bear in mind, too - I think the most recent versions of Orion also support REST API, which likely provide a more sophisticated, more future-thinking means of interaction.    There are numerous possibilities with this, based upon the available and ever-expanding endpoints available in the Meraki Dashboard API, which go beyond basic monitoring:   https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/   Of course, these capabilities can be utilised way beyond - and/or in addition to - Solarwinds, too.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.