Meraki licensing- from enterprise to advance security

Cheikh
Conversationalist

Meraki licensing- from enterprise to advance security

Hello everybody,

A company just renewed their licenses to enterprise license like 8 months ago and i would like to know if it is possible for them to switch to the advanced security license for all their mx64 devices? if so , what would they do for that ? just contact meraki support to change it and they will see their co-term period divide by two ? or what ?

thanksss

4 Replies 4
rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

As far as I know, there's no clear path to upgrade from Enterprise to Advanced Security license. Basically, it's a new license. But I seem to remember, that if you reach out to your Meraki Sales Rep, (s)he may be able to work something out.

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

okk thanks for your answer!!!

kchand
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello,

I would suggest contacting the Cisco Meraki Licensing Support team via phone or opening a case from the Support home page, so that they can verify and update you if your organization can be upgraded to Advanced Security or Secure SD-WAN Plus without purchasing additional licensing. 

Any MX security appliance keys will be adjusted to account for cost weight between Enterprise and Advanced Security or Secure SD-WAN Plus. Please note that if going through Cisco Meraki Support, the process is irreversible.

URL - https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/Meraki_Licensing_FAQs

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos.
If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Cheikh
Conversationalist

thanks for your reply

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.