Azure vMX - VM agent 'Not Ready' and VM itself unable to update

Solved
Francoo
Conversationalist

Azure vMX - VM agent 'Not Ready' and VM itself unable to update

I have a few vMXs deployed in different tenants and noticed the all VMs where the vMX is hosted on, their machine agent status is not ready. Additionally, I think because of this, I'm unable to update packages on the Linux VM Itself. Our security, rightfully so, is calling this out as it is a concern it's using outdated packages.

Francoo_0-1714163287650.png

Is there something I've missed in the vMX documentation indicating that the virtual machines themselves should not/won't be updated and fully rely on the vMX firmware? Or should I be attempting to update these packages and they are effectively separate from the appliance itself.

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It is a managed appliance.  Updates are pushed to the managed appliance via the Meraki Dashboard.  That is the correct place to monitor and patch the VMX.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It is a managed appliance.  Updates are pushed to the managed appliance via the Meraki Dashboard.  That is the correct place to monitor and patch the VMX.

Great, thanks for the confirmation @PhilipDAth. I assumed that would be the case.

Would definitely be worth writing something out in the vMX documentation about it

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.