What are the best monitoring tools to use?

Charles7
Here to help

What are the best monitoring tools to use?

Hi just wondering which monitoring tool/s are best 

6 Replies 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The Meraki Dashboard is pretty good.

If you want to monitor other things like servers, printers, etc - I quite like PRTG.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There's no way to tell you which one is best without knowing your needs. Each tool has its pros and cons.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It depends what information you need to get out of it.

The Meraki dashboard is pretty good out of the box.

If you need additional information (or more historical information), I suggest looking for tools that utilize the Meraki API.
Note however there can be limitations depending on how many networks and devices you have as the API is rate limited.

Lately I've been using Statseeker. It's got all of the standard SNMP/Ping based polling options but also has an additional module (licensed separately) that can pull information directly from the Meraki dashboard via API.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have a customer using Statseeker with Meraki and they are very happy with it.

Charles7
Here to help

We need a monitoring tool that has the ability to push configuration to multiple devices/networks.

Instead, I would take a look at the Meraki marketplace. I believe there is no free tool capable of this.

https://apps.meraki.io/en-US/home

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.