Catalyst Monitoring - Switch configuration change update time

Paccers
Getting noticed

Catalyst Monitoring - Switch configuration change update time

Hi folks,

We recently onboarded 2x 9K switches for monitoring to check it out all out and get a feel for the features. One thing I have noticed is that I have updated an interface description and VLAN config (via local SSH connection) but I am not seeing those changes reflected in Meraki Dashboard. We've enabled the early access 'Config Diff' and it only presents the config that was in place when we onboarded.

I made the changes about an hour ago, is there a set time before changes get upload/reflected in Meraki Dashboard?

Thanks!

11 Replies 11
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Could be related to the early access feature.

I've got it disabled and don't see any real delays in configuration changes on my Cat9K's showing up in the dashboard.

Paccers
Getting noticed

Possibly, we did enable the EA after waiting a while for the config update though

Think I figured this one out, noticed that our local auto config remediation had kicked in and taken out one of the critical aaa commands that allows the meraki-user auth for netconf. Pretty sure it needs to be able to get in to pull the updated config but after chucking the aaa command back in things came good!

Jeff-L
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Glad you were able to get this working! Thanks for following up with the resolution.

DevOps_RC
Getting noticed

I enabled the EA feature yesterday. I looked at the dashboard last night and still didn't have a configuration tab for any of the on-boarded switches (switches on-boarded since we could on-board them a year or so ago). I made a configuration change to one switch this morning, and while I can see that change reflected in the live dashboard, still no Configuration tab on any of the switches....Is it possible that this feature is only available in certain regions even though anyone can enable the EA feature??

Interesting, I was having the opposite problem! So you if you go in to one of the switches you don't get the 'Config history' button option to the right of 'Tools'?

@DevOps_RC What region are you in? I'd like to take a closer look at this.

My apologies for not responding to your query, region is Europe (UK).

DevOps_RC
Getting noticed

Just the usual four tabs (Summary, Ports, Location & Tools):

DevOps_RC_1-1704988146095.png

Not sure what else you can do really unfortunately. Other than checking its not some browser/caching shenanigans I would just lodge a support case to query it if you haven't already!

DevOps_RC
Getting noticed

Good Morning, I thought I should drop an update on this issue after raising a support ticket with Meraki. In short, the issue I have (Config history not being visible) is due to being logged into the dashboard with a SAML linked account. When I log in with a local Meraki account, I can see the config history tab. Meraki support are aware of the issue, but at present don't have a timeframe for this to be fixed for SAML linked accounts. If I receive any further updates on this issue I'll post it here.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.