Spot Frequency

Soumarya
Conversationalist

Spot Frequency

Hi,

I am new to RF and was reading about chirp generation. I found a term called "Spot Frequency". Can somebody please explain the terminology?

Thanks in advance for the help.

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi,

In the context of RF, a "Spot Frequency" refers to a specific frequency point in the spectrum. It's like a 'spot' on the frequency axis where you want to extract or focus on the network data.

For instance, if you're analyzing network data and you want to extract information at a single frequency point, say 2.4GHz, you can create a new network object with just that single frequency point. This is often done during the analysis phase when you might want to focus on a narrow range of frequencies, or even a spot frequency, that is relevant to the circuit operation.

In essence, a spot frequency allows you to zoom in on a specific point in the frequency spectrum for detailed analysis or manipulation. It's a useful concept in RF systems, particularly when dealing with complex datasets and trying to understand specific behaviors or characteristics at certain frequencies.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

I am designing a Local Oscillator in S band with the requirement of 50 spot frequencies. So does this mean that I have to define 50 frequencies in the spectrum of the LO?

where did you read about this?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.