Parallel connection with Sophos XG and MX68

Solved
emmaozoms
Getting noticed

Parallel connection with Sophos XG and MX68

Hello Guys,

Please I need a best practice approach to set up my MX68 to connect to a Sophos XG in a parallel. The Sophos is the upstream and has a static IP address. I have also assigned a static IP address to the MX. The subnet of both devices is 192.168.20.0/24. I want to establish the below. 

emmaozoms_0-1714453921601.png

1 Accepted Solution
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There's no reason that topology won't work. Provided the Sophos XG has a route configured to know what to send down to the MX. That said, is there a purpose of placing the MX behind the XG?
If it's just for terminating Site-to-site VPN connections, you might be better off configuring it in VPN Concentrator mode.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There's no reason that topology won't work. Provided the Sophos XG has a route configured to know what to send down to the MX. That said, is there a purpose of placing the MX behind the XG?
If it's just for terminating Site-to-site VPN connections, you might be better off configuring it in VPN Concentrator mode.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels