Moving a Switch Stack to another Org

RouterJocki
Comes here often

Moving a Switch Stack to another Org

I currently have 4 switches in a stack that need to be moved to another organization and need to make sure I have the steps correct.

First Do I delete the switch stack from the existing network?

Then I am assuming once the stack is deleted, I will remove the switches from that network then un-claim them from that organization.

Next step would be to claim these switches in the new organization and then put them in the new network.  Then I'm guessing I would add these switches to a new stack in the Network they were placed in?

The new organization has licensing to support these 4 switches.

Am I missing any steps that would be crucial to this move?

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, It's correct. Very simple to be honest.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Inventory_and_Devices/Using_the_Organization....

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yip you have it spot on. 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You will of course lose all configuration on the stack when you do this.  You could use the APIs to pull as much as possible from the old and push into the new.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels