Recover configuration

Solved
Theo_Allochon
Comes here often

Recover configuration

Is there a command to retrieve the entire configuration of a device, for example "dashboard.devices.getDeviceConfig(serial number)? If not, is there an equivalent means?

1 Accepted Solution
Jamieinbox
Getting noticed

Here is some code chat and I wrote for serial numbers and placing them in a spreadsheet. I'm constantly looking for ways to automate and make a smarter system. 

Merakicode/AP_SER_Net_Spreadsheet at main · jadexing/Merakicode (github.com)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No, there ara just APIs for specific configurations.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Badr-eddine
Getting noticed

Hello,

I believe the best available approach for backup is to provision from the beginning your organizational infrastructure using Meraki Terraform provider. This approach ensures that you consistently maintain a clear picture of what's deployed under the Terraform state file. Consequently, if any manual changes occur, you can simply execute Terraform apply across your organization's setup to restore it effortlessly.

Alternatively, you can opt for Meraki third-party tools to manage your backup needs.

Please let me know if this addresses your concerns.

Jamieinbox
Getting noticed

Here is some code chat and I wrote for serial numbers and placing them in a spreadsheet. I'm constantly looking for ways to automate and make a smarter system. 

Merakicode/AP_SER_Net_Spreadsheet at main · jadexing/Merakicode (github.com)

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.