destination traffic keep reaching apa.byoip.nt.meraki.com issue

Keith_Li
Comes here often

destination traffic keep reaching apa.byoip.nt.meraki.com issue

Dear All, 

Would like to ask in our internet firewall, i see many destination traffic reaching the following address, is that normal as its utilize a lots of brandwidth, any idea ? 

apa.byoip.nt.meraki.com

Keith 

5 Replies 5
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This is Meraki management traffic.

Doing a lookup of that domain name (for me anyway), it has IP addresses such as 216.157.139.x.

Looking at the Meraki required firewall rules in the dashboard, I can see the subnet 216.157.128.0/20 specified in the categories:

• Meraki Cloud Communication and VPN Registry
  • Meraki Insight
  • Camera Streaming Proxy
  • Backup cloud communication
  • Uplink Connection Monitor
Keith_Li
Comes here often

its used up to 3xx MB for each logs, just wonder if i can prevent this kind of traffic in normal business hour ? or i can lower the traffic of this ?

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you done a recent firmware upgrade ? I recall a recent post with similar info.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

yep - this was the post:

Re: MR36 - Lots of Traffic to/from Meraki Infrastructure? - The Meraki Community

Pointing to a different URL on this one however.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Keith_Li
Comes here often

i called meraki support hotline and they suggested me to upgrade to latest firmware version, so now is in version MR 30.5, i will ask customer to check in their firewall tomorrow to see if the problem still occur, so any solution for this case as i see the post above has not been resolved 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels