Wireless Client Whitelist

A_Vijay
Here to help

Wireless Client Whitelist

Hi Team,

In the Meraki dashboard, we can whitelist 3000 wireless clients. Is it for the entire network or for the specific SSID?

What will happen if we whitelist more than 3000?

Where do we see the whitelisted client count details in the dashboard?

If we whitelist one of the device's MAC, how many days will it exist in the dashboard? If we can't connect the whitelisted device to the wireless network for more than a month, will it exist, or can we connect the device after 50 days from the day of whitelisting?

If the whitelisted working device gets inactive for 3 months, will it work after 3 months?

Some of the wireless clients frequently disconnect from the network. How can we mitigate that?

Is there any way to see all the client's individual connectivity time on a single page with the graphical representation for the specific SSID?

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

In the Meraki dashboard, we can whitelist 3000 wireless clients. Is it for the entire network or for the specific SSID?

It's by network

What will happen if we whitelist more than 3000?

Just filtering the clients to which it is applied, there is no counter.

Where do we see the whitelisted client count details in the dashboard?

On the clients page. https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Client_Details_Page...

If we whitelist one of the device's MAC, how many days will it exist in the dashboard? If we can't connect the whitelisted device to the wireless network for more than a month, will it exist, or can we connect the device after 50 days from the day of whitelisting?

Take a look at the  cloud data retetion policies

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Privacy_and_Security/Cloud_Data_Retention_Po...

If the whitelisted working device gets inactive for 3 months, will it work after 3 months?

Yes

Some of the wireless clients frequently disconnect from the network. How can we mitigate that?

You need to be more specific, in this case I suggest you open a support case.

Is there any way to see all the client's individual connectivity time on a single page with the graphical representation for the specific SSID?

On client details. https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Clients_Usage_Page_Ov...

For each of your questions you can read the documentation or open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Hi Alemabrahao,

Thank you for your response.

I got the information from your reply, and I tried to implement it. I found that we can filter and find the whitelisted device count for a maximum of one month from the client usage page.

I would like to know the exact number of whitelisted devices.

To know more about that, I am going to open a support case, as you suggest.

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

It seems to me that you might be trying to use a feature for a requirement for which it was not designed.     You might be better to outline what you are trying to achieve and seeing if the hive mind can come up with a more appropriate solution..?

Hi Greenman ,

Yes, you are right. I think I am trying to get the details from the client usage page, which is not designed.

I would like to get the graphical usage details of each device that is connected to the SSID in a single file.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels