Printer not working connected to Meraki AP SSID

PJB
Here to help

Printer not working connected to Meraki AP SSID

Hi there,

I have created a test network. Essentially, 1 SSID (10.10.10.0/24) I have only a laptop and a printer connected via the AP. So Wirelessly connected to the same SSID and I cannot print anything. I have tried pinging the printer from laptop and no joy. I have all relevant drivers connected etc. I used my phone as a hotspot and connected both and all worked as expected. Any help much appreciated. My full kit is..Meraki MX to Switch to AP. Nothing crazy just 1 vlan created for the Test SSID and trunked all the way from MX to AP.
Any help much appreciated

7 Replies 7
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal
PJB
Here to help

Hi there,

Many thanks for your reply. I can see L2Lan isolation is not enabled (Which is correct?) and no deny rule in place. Any other suggestions much appreciated

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Could you please share the SSID configuration with us?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PJB
Here to help

Still having the issue. Also from the dashboard I can ping the printer from all other SSID's Vlans I set up, which I dont want, especially the test guest SSID. I have attached all relevant information. Hope you can shed some light on this.FW & Traffic Shaping SSID.PNGSSID info 2.PNGSSID info 1.PNG

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Quick question, are both printer and device receiving IP?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Hi there,

Yes both printer and device are receiving IP. I can ping them both from Meraki dashboard from all vlans. 

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What firmware version are you running? Have you tried with a different firmware version?

There is no special setting to enable, so if it doesn't work with a different firmware version, my suggestion is to open a support case.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.