PSK Authentication

Prabhu1906
Here to help

PSK Authentication

Does Meraki devices still provide PSK authentication for some of the old devices to be mapped on the existing SSID?

If not what could be a possible solution?

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't understand your question, but if you don't change the PSK of the SSID the device automatically saves once it connects to SSID, if you change the password you will need to edit the connection on the device and enter the new password.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What do you mean with old devices. WPA with TKIP is still supported. But there was recently an announcement that WEP is going to be deprecated on firmware version 30.x.

Prabhu1906
Here to help

Hi Alessandro,

Thank you for your quick response. We have a scenario where in we need to connect few devices (doorbell, TV) to the exisiting SSID to perform their function but they use only PSK authentication. Is there any possible solution?

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is you existing SSID using Enterprise authentication? If yes, then there is no solution other than configuring a new SSID for these systems. If not, then I still don't understand your question.

If the current SSID does not use PSK then you need to create a new one.

What type of authentication is configured on the current SSID?
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels