Our users doesn't autenticate on the Guest SSID of a hotel

Solved
Gsintes
Getting noticed

Our users doesn't autenticate on the Guest SSID of a hotel

Hi Meraki Community,

Recently we have a poltergueist case  in our hotel.

Recently our manager call us to advise that our guest users can't loging on our SSID.

I checked and it was true... we have 3 SSID radiating (ADMIN , GUEST and IoT) on each AP and  more than 60 aps in all the hotel.

The SSID for ADMIN and IoT works well and were unafeccted in the same Aps and frequencies.

The SSID for GUEST  is visible, but when our users try to connect by a simple pre-shared key (WPA2) they takes a lot of time thinking and finally disconects the device.

If we check the event logs on the meraki dashboard, we can see a lot or authentication issues, even in frequently used devices who have stored locally the correct pre-shared key.

We upgraded our MR33 a few weeks ago to the latest mr30.5 firmware version 

We tried to deploy a new SSID with the same network configuration and SSID name, disabled the old SSID GUEST, and powered on the new SSID and the issue was resolved.

Any one have the same issue? Is there any way to avoid / correct them?

Thanks for advance, 

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've seen this happen before, and the only workaround was creating a new SSID like you did. I would open a support case instead.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is 802.11w enabled? If yes, try disabling it. How is the Minimum bitrate setting? Remember that depending on the configuration, some older devices will not be able to connect to the network.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

802.11w is allwais disabled on all our SSIDs, 

Gsintes_0-1706017440345.png

The minimum bitrate is 6.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've seen this happen before, and the only workaround was creating a new SSID like you did. I would open a support case instead.

Thanks for your support,  i will open a case the next time. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels