No name SSID sent by Meraki AP

Solved
rwiesmann
A model citizen

No name SSID sent by Meraki AP

Hi,

just noticed today that my mr32 to sends out an additional ssid with no name.

rwiesmann_1-1582665741533.png

The only ssid which i have configured is the Net-Impact with WPA2.

Can someone tell me why i see an additional ssid with no name and WEP?

many thanks

roger

1 Accepted Solution
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

6 Replies 6
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

https://nolanwifi.com/2017/02/06/merakis-mesh-mess/

You can turn off mesh @ Network-wide > general

rwiesmann
A model citizen

That's it! Thanks a lot

Nash
Kind of a big deal

Strong recommend to reboot your APs again after you disable meshing. I disabled meshing across a couple hundred APs on a few dozen networks a few weeks ago, and about 2-3% (ish) woke up and wouldn't let devices associate reliably.

After rebooting the grumpy APs, they were fine.

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

It's been my experience that when you enable/disable MESHING, it automatically reboots the AP each time. Tested this on several occasions. However I have ran into a few issues with AP's not responding as well, which is why I setup my weekly AP reboots. In code 24.X, disabling MESHING was a VERY bad idea lol. It wasn't until 25.X that they fixed it so that it wouldn't cause issues (however a few still sneek in every once in a while, but it also might just be general bug and not related, who can really tell these days).
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
Nash
Kind of a big deal

@NolanHerring wrote:
It's been my experience that when you enable/disable MESHING, it automatically reboots the AP each time. Tested this on several occasions. However I have ran into a few issues with AP's not responding as well, which is why I setup my weekly AP reboots. In code 24.X, disabling MESHING was a VERY bad idea lol. It wasn't until 25.X that they fixed it so that it wouldn't cause issues (however a few still sneek in every once in a while, but it also might just be general bug and not related, who can really tell these days).

I had the APs reboot when I disabled meshing, but then a small handful wouldn't let devices associate. Had to reboot that handful a second time. 

Richard_W
A model citizen

So advantages of Meshing: are there any?

I think it is on by default. Any input from the wise, and Meraki Employees?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.