Network switch / MX68

TjxWilliams22
Conversationalist

Network switch / MX68

Hi Cisco Team,

I just switched over to a new network, utilizing MX68 Meraki. The ISP has already plugged their Wan interface into the Wan interface of my Meraki and everything is already configured on the backend of my Cisco cloud. I was able to switch most of the devices over to the new network and its SSID successfully but I still have a few different devices that will not connect to this new network. These aren't any special devices, like a printer and a couple of handheld devices. The old router is unplugged as well but, I can still see the SSID broadcasted in the network settings of the computer but only 1 bar and not 3(shouldn't be showing at all once I powered off the old router). What exactly could be causing these few devices to not connect?

Thanks

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you ever thought about the possibility that the wireless signal is too low for them to be able to connect?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm going to assume you are using an MX68 with built in WiFi - if not, then the issue is not related to the MX68.

I have run into issues with old Brother printers not being able to connect modern WiFi because they can't support the modern crypto.

Any chance there is an old AP as well still plugged in somewhere?

Printers and IoT devices often have issues with modern protocols like 802.11r and 802.11w - so you could try dumbing the network down and turning these off on the WiFi.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels