MR76 & external antenna's

jeanIoa
Comes here often

MR76 & external antenna's

Hello,

I have a customer who has today old Cisco AP's but with ANT2544V4M-R (installed in a fridge) - I plan to use the MR76 but can I use this antenna on my MR76 ? there is no equivalent on the MR76 datasheet only patch and sector antenna's 

Any idea ?

Thank you

jean

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

List of compatible antennas for MR76

alemabrahao_0-1676393632626.png

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/MR_Overview_and_Specifications/MR76_Datasheet

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Hi thank you for you replay - I see it but only patch and sector antenna's but no dual-band omni with long coax cable to leave the AP outside of the fridge -

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Something to think about - have you considered going to an all-in-one AP like the MR78?  Being so much newer than the old APs - it is likely to provide a lot more coverage.

Having no external bits and being IP67 rated will make it almost bullet proof in a fridge.  It will make washing it down much easier as well (assuming they need to do this for feed hygene reasons).

Hi - thank you for the feedback it could be a good solution - I need just to check with the customer the lowest T° the fridge can go - thx again !

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels