MR46E Reset Button?

Solved
RH777
New here

MR46E Reset Button?

I need to do a factory reset on a MR46E on a warehouse ceiling.  Where is the reset button?  is it the little black hole on one side of the ethernet port?  It's big enough for a paperclip to go into.

1 Accepted Solution
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@RH777 : This is for you 

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Support/Resetting_Cisco_Meraki_Devices_to_Fa...

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@RH777 : This is for you 

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Support/Resetting_Cisco_Meraki_Devices_to_Fa...

Regards/Inder
www.thenetworkdna.com

Thanks! I assumed that little hole to the left of the ethernet port was the reset button so I put it in there and was able to get the lights to cycle.  However, the AP is still not connecting to the dashboard.  I opened a ticket with Meraki on that.

MR46E-Reset_Button.jpg

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Did you press +/- 30 seconds to make sure. 

The documentation I found said 5 seconds, but I did more like 10 seconds.  I'll try it again in a bit.  It's in a busy warehouse so I have to get someone to attach a platform to a forklift and lift me up there.  It's always the ones that are hardest to reach that give all the problems. LOL.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If it cannot  connect the cloud and the factory reset worked  you should see some ssid "Meraki Setup" or Meraki-Scanning."  You can connect that to get access to the local status page for some more information.

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@RH777 : rightly said by @ww , press it for 30 sec.

Regards/Inder
www.thenetworkdna.com
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Documentation is not up to date, but yes thats it

redsector
Head in the Cloud

Unknown-14.jpegUse a paperclip and push the reset button for about 15 seconds.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.