MR46 access point now allowing internet access

DGrom
Here to help

MR46 access point now allowing internet access

I have a quandary.  I have 6 MS access points we just setup.  5 of the 6 work just fine.  One allows us to connect but it continually says no access.  We are not doing PEAP/EAP or any radius configurations. We have pushed a profile via intune to have the SSID(which is Hidden) and the password automatically configured on the system.  

This works for 5 of the 6 waps.  I m confused here.  For a second i noticed it wasn't updating the IP through the dashboard along with DNS.  I hard rebooted it by unplugging the network and plugging back in, but still no dice.  I am new to meraki so any help would be appreciated.  I tried the build in meraki dashboards recommendations, but they were of no help.

3 Replies 3
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Is this AP2? I see a few clients have connected and have passed some traffic. Is it still not working? Are both SSIDs affected or just the PSK SSID?

You could also try a factory reset of the AP. https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Support/Resetting_Cisco_Meraki_Devices_to_Fa...

And side note, Layer 3 Roaming doesn't apply to a single VLAN SSID. You should disable/uncheck that box.

Ryan / Meraki SE

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solved your problem click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are the switch ports that all 6 APs plug into identical in configuration?

DGrom
Here to help

They are all plugged in and configured the same.  It was an ARP problem with our Zyxel router.  I went ahead and cleared the ARP cache on the router and it worked again.  I appreciate everyone who responded.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels