Guest WiFi has a circled x

Solved
Carmicklec
Here to help

Guest WiFi has a circled x

Guest WiFI is an enhanced open network. The machine in question CAN connect to the Radius Auth WiFi, a Win 11 laptop CAN connect to this network but this machine and another Win 10 CANNOT. When you try it just states "Can't connect to this network". I have turned off power settings checked for drivers, completely updated the machine, uninstalled/reinstalled Network adapter, and merced all previous profiles from the registry and 

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Wlansvc\Profiles\Interfaces, with no success. I have also tried adding the network through manage known networks but there is no option for OWE as I have seen demonstrated elsewhere, only Open and WEP and this seems to be something between the two not open because it has encryption but not WEP because there is no password needed. 

1 Accepted Solution
Purroy
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Check with the "netsh wlan show wirelesscapabilities" command in the windows 10 machine to see if it lists OWE Authentication as supported.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Purroy
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Check with the "netsh wlan show wirelesscapabilities" command in the windows 10 machine to see if it lists OWE Authentication as supported.

Soo simple Thank you

It is supported in Windows 10 versions 2004 and above but also you need to have compatible Wireless NIC cards and drivers.

Use this powershell command: systeminfo | findstr /B /C:"OS Name" /B /C:"OS Version"

All my systems are fully updated to the latest OS so, it would be the NIC. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels