Enabling 2FA in dashbaord under one single accounts question

Solved
Keith_Li
Comes here often

Enabling 2FA in dashbaord under one single accounts question

Dear All, 

I have a question on enabling 2FA, under the meraki dahboard, i have 10 accounts there, and i have enabled my own login with 2FA, just wonder if i can enable 2FA with the rest of the accounts under my login in dashboard ? thanks 

Keith 

1 Accepted Solution
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can enforce MFA for all administrators in the org under Organization -> Settings -> Two-Factor Authentication. There's a checkbox to force users to setup Two-Factor 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can enforce MFA for all administrators in the org under Organization -> Settings -> Two-Factor Authentication. There's a checkbox to force users to setup Two-Factor 

Keith_Li
Comes here often

i found this check box, if i check this option, the rest of the account will be enforced to use 2fa ? and they need to ready Duo Mobile App in order to access to the dashboard am i correct ? 

Hi Keith_Li, 

If enabled, all accounts under that Org will be forced to enable and set up 2FA. If DUO is your preferred MFA app it can be used but you are not limited to it. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If they don't have an MFA setup, the system will initially use email-based MFA (they will get an emailed code to use to log in every time).

They will need to go into their own profiles and manually setup MFA with their favourite MFA app.

DevOps_RC
Getting noticed

I could be wrong with this, but the 2FA settings applied is for the accounts assigned permissions, but not SAML linked accounts, but depending on your external identity source, you should be able to apply MFA to the Meraki application/Enterprise App (Azure terminology) within that identity source.

Specifically, this setting is only for Meraki-hosted Administrator accounts.

Correct, SAML accounts will use their own separate system.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels