Convert Dual Persona CW9164-MR to be managed by Cisco WLC & DNAC

Solved
FlyingFrames
Building a reputation

Convert Dual Persona CW9164-MR to be managed by Cisco WLC & DNAC

How do i convert a CW9164-MR to be managed by Cisco WLC & DNAC? 

1 Accepted Solution
7 Replies 7
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The documentation is not clear about it.

Products - Cisco DNA Management Mode to Meraki Management Mode Guide - Cisco

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

I found it.

CISCO Meraki User Guide (device.report)

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

What do I need to do if I want to migrate back to DNA management mode? 

If you wish to migrate your Cisco Catalyst 9300 switches from the Meraki management mode to DNA management mode, please contact Meraki support. You'll need to open a PO for a DNA license, but you can RMA your Meraki license and receive a credit for the purchase of the DNA license. Please note that this will reset the switch to its factory default settings and erase all configurations. 

I think that it's the same case.

That's for a 9300 switch rather than an access point.  But I bet the process is similar.

@FlyingFrames , I think you'll need to open a support case with Meraki regardless to do this.

Yes, but as there is no access via console, in my understanding the process is similar regardless of whether it is a Switch or AP. 🙂

You are right, same process for CWs or Catalyst Switches.  You need to open a support case, they will check conditions are met and will start the process from their side.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels