Conducting Site surveys with MR57

LUza1960
Just browsing

Conducting Site surveys with MR57

Hello, 

I want to conduct site surveys with a MR57 access point. As i saw in the documentation I connected the AP to a switch.

AP MR57 became green on the dashboard. Let it connected for two hours. After that i connected to a ssid  and went to the ap.meraki.com page. Have configered the AP in site survey mode and also the three radio's 2.4 channel 11, 5gHz  channel 36 and 6gHz at channel 5E. Saved the configuration

One day later i broucht the ap  radios up but the 6gHz radio does not give me a signal strength

7 Replies 7
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Did you configure the radio to 6ghz in the applied RF profile when it was connected to the Meraki Dashboard?

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Wi-Fi_Basics_and_Best_Practices/Conducting_Site_Surveys_with_MR_...

Hello Brash,

Yes I did . I have done everything mentioned in the Meraki guidelines

AlbertT
Here to help

What version of firmware are you running ?

MR 30.6

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you in a country that allows the use of 6Ghz?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You spotted this note?

"Important: To utilize the 5 or 6 GHz radios on a Cisco Meraki AP for site surveys, the flex radio on your 6GHz capable APs must be set to 6GHz"

Hello philip

Everything you mentioned is ok, i have configured a SSID in the 6GHz band.

Started allover again, AP conecxted to dashboard ( 2 hours) then wireless conection to ssid

then conected to ap.meraki.com - configure  changed survey mode to enable 

Same result. when i check the signal strengt with the Airchecck  G 3         2.4 and 5 GHz are ok 

but no indication vor the 6 GHz radio                        

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels