Aruba instant go vs Meraki Go vs Unifi

DennisSSebasiSt
Comes here often

Aruba instant go vs Meraki Go vs Unifi

Hello all

I am looking to replace my home eero network as I am having some issues with them. I have narrowed down my options to one of these providers. I would be using one 8 port switch and 2 or 3 access points with them in a mesh. Does anyone have any suggestions for which to go with.

I have used all of these in my job as a network engineer so set up and configuration is not a concern of mine. Just looking for some advice of what people are using in their home networks.

3 Replies 3
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

For a home environment, I would say a lot of this comes down to personal preference and features. All of those options would be perfectly suitable for a basic home deployment, it just depends how fancy you want to get and how resilient you expect the equipment to be.

For the record I'm running a Meraki full stack at home and have had no issues.

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

I’m also using Meraki full stack at home.  Not familiar at all with Aruba Instant, but Meraki Go I have installed several and they are fine and dead simple, but I might feel limited with them as a network engineer.  Ubiquiti I have had limited poor experiences with and don’t feel I would like to waste my time with the difficulty of updating, patching and managing them.

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
Holli69
Getting noticed

Hi,

I've experience with Meraki/Meraki Go as well as Ubiquiti. Both are good and have their own Pros/Cons. Meraki Go is easier to configure than Ubiquiti, whereas Unifi has a better portfolio of APs compared to Meraki Go. Support of Ubiquiti is very awful. For home use, both are a very good choise.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.