What happen with L3 interfaces when deleting a stack.

Rodrigo_Nascime
Conversationalist

What happen with L3 interfaces when deleting a stack.

Hi guys , first time posting here. 
I would like your help to understand what will happen with the current L3 interfaces if I delete the stack ?

Current scenario. 

2 Switches - MS390-48UX
SO - CS 15.21.1

Stack configuration
SW1-1 (online)
SW1-3 (offline) 
Some L3 interfaces 

Basically I need to remove the second switch from the stack, "but is not possible when we have only 2 switches in the stack", so I need to delete the entire stack. 
Note. ( I don't wanna to replace the switch offline , I just want to remove it and use in another floor).

I have heard if I click on "delete-stack" the Dashbord will ask me ... what switch I want to move the L3 .... If it is right for me would be great.

But I also have heard that all L3 settings will be lost, so this would be terrible. 

Thank you !!!!

2 Replies 2
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

You will get this warning.

Screenshot 2023-08-16 at 14.17.33.png

If you have other L3 capable switches or stacks in the network you could move it via the Routing & DHCP page. Keeping in mind that might not be feasible or it might impact your production deployment. 

How many L3 interfaces are on the stack now? It might be easy enough to just take a snapshot of what you have, delete the stack, then recreate the interfaces on the single switch?

Ryan / Meraki SE

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solved your problem click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.
Rodrigo_Nascime
Conversationalist

Hy Ryan,

First of all , thanks for your answer,

I don't have more switches in this network.
I have arrount 8 L3 interfaces. 
My concert is because all the work should be done remotely (I don't have a specialized resource in person) but I will proceed with your suggestion out of business hour. 
Thanks !!!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels