Suggestions for Wall Mounting MS120-24/48

BenGraves-TPIT
Conversationalist

Suggestions for Wall Mounting MS120-24/48

Hi all,

I've recently run in to a number of field installs that are using MS120-24/48 port switches and I have had some frustration trying to wall mount the Meraki switch, as the rack mount brackets are a seamless part of the switch. (Which looks great, don't get me wrong) but def makes it impossible to use to wall mount.

Does anyone have any advice on this or a good method for accomplishing it? 

The last one I did I used the old switch rack mount brackets, drilled them into the wall sideways and hung the Meraki Switch on it, secured with a zip tie. Certainly not my preference for an install but I really had no better option at the time.

Anyway, if anyone has any advice or a simple piece of equipment/cabling to use, I'm all ears! 🙂 

(Yes I know, I'd much rather rack mount these things but sometimes that's just not realistic for the site I'm at)

Thanks!

Ben

CMNO/CISSP/ITILv3Found/CEH/CHFI/MCSEx3/CCNA
6 REPLIES 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you are mounting the switch so the ports face up, how about screwing some 'L' brackets to the wall, then resting the switch rack mount brackets on those, and bolt together?

We use the 4U version of what @BlakeRichardson recommended. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.

Great suggestion! Can't make it work for this project but it's definitely going on my list for future projects! 

Hmm ok, need to price those out and see if that makes sense. Sadly someone scoped this project without realizing the brackets so I'm looking at 50 more similar sites.  Thanks for the idea! 🙂 

RichG
Getting noticed

You might look at something like this:

https://www.bhlpower.com/index.cfm?page=products&productid=1

It is similar to what others have suggested, but you can mount the patch panel in facing out and the switch facing up, plus it will hold a rack mount UPS.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels