Some Issues SW topolgy

Solved
athan1234
Building a reputation

Some Issues SW topolgy

Hi

I have problems with my network. The electricity went out six days ago, and the some switches are now inactive.

Maybe the issue is with STP? If I notice that the setup has unstabilized priorities,is the best practise for avoid it in a future?
How i am able to solved this issue of the SWitches are down?

athan1234_0-1694602500963.png

athan1234_1-1694602538027.png

athan1234_2-1694602632313.png

Another issue is that when I attempt to view the topology, I receive this error.

Server error

The server encountered an error and could not complete your request. A message has been sent to our engineering and support teams to notify us of the problem, and we will fix it as soon as possible.

The Cisco Meraki Dashboard is temporarily unavailable, but rest assured your Meraki equipment is still running and network operation has not been interrupted. Learn more about Meraki's out-of-band control.

1 Accepted Solution
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@athan1234 do you have a diagram of how they are connected?

I would set the core to a lower number and then work out, leaving the edge switches on the default or a higher number.  See below where we have done similar, leaving about 5 edge switches in the default group:

cmr_0-1694625707006.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't believe it's an STP problem, can you at least access the switch's local status page?

Can you validate if the Switch received an IP (if it doesn't have a static IP)?

You must first check the integrity of your network, if you have a firewall on the network, check that it is not blocking communication with the Meraki cloud.

Otherwise open a support case.
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
athan1234
Building a reputation

Dear @alemabrahao  It appears that everything is operating normally, however the SW core, SW planta 7, and the rest of the SW are working in red.

Yes, every single IP is received through DHCP. A Mikrotik router is present.

Yes, it is the expected behavior to continue working even without communication with the cloud.

I suggest you open a support case.
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@athan1234 do you have a diagram of how they are connected?

I would set the core to a lower number and then work out, leaving the edge switches on the default or a higher number.  See below where we have done similar, leaving about 5 edge switches in the default group:

cmr_0-1694625707006.png

athan1234
Building a reputation

Hi @cmr  grateful for your response

I currently have trouble getting the topology I have.

I get this problem when I try to view the topology.

Server error

The server encountered an error and could not complete your request. A message has been sent to our engineering and support teams to notify us of the problem, and we will fix it as soon as possible.

The Cisco Meraki Dashboard is temporarily unavailable, but rest assured your Meraki equipment is still running and network operation has not been interrupted. Learn more about Meraki's out-of-band control.

Anyhow, I have a meeting with my customer today and I'm checking the policies for the Meraki cloud of his provider. I'll turn off all the switches, connect each one one at a time, and set the STP priority to be low priority for core.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Thanks @athan1234, have you tried looking at the CDP/LLDP information on the ports?  If you go to the switchports view and add that column you should be able to see where the switches are connected to each other.

athan1234
Building a reputation

Hi . @cmr  I restarted each switch, and I can now see the topology.They are are up

I'm wondering if it would be sufficient to prioritize only the two cores, or if the others would also need to be prioritized. If not, the remainder of the switch would be set to default. really?

athan1234_0-1694693428909.png

for other hand . I a getting error

any idea

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels