RSTP

Solved
Sarv
Getting noticed

RSTP

Here is the scenario:

We will have a setup of switches in a remote data center that we do not control (customer site, controlled by internal I/T). The customer wants a layer2 circuit between our DC and theirs. On the trunk port in our DC (Meraki MS) and the trunk port a the remote customer site DC can we disable RSTP, I don't see any need for this (the circuit between the 2 DCs will be an Metro-Ethernet  circuit).

I would like our Meraki Switches to the be the root bridges in our DC and Customer would have their Core Stack as the root bridges in their local network/DC.

Does anyone see an issue with disabling RSTP on the trunk port between the 2 sites?

Thanks

Sarvjit

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't see a problem, in the throat that it won't extend any VLAN on his side on the trunk and none on your side either, just the VLAN for the link should be enough.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't see a problem, in the throat that it won't extend any VLAN on his side on the trunk and none on your side either, just the VLAN for the link should be enough.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Sarv
Getting noticed

Thank you.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels